Blog This!   Lee Geistlinger's Web Log
Blog Home
Blog Archives
LittleGhost Home

E-mail: geistlinger AT gmail.com

Loading
Pic 'O the Day
Top 10 Lists
Everyone loves lists
Reviews
Books, Movies and so on
Blogroll
Feed Me!

XML Feed

Feeds I Read

My Online Aggregator

Theme
• Default
• Spring
• Summer
• Autumn
• Winter
• Black & White
• Gray & White
• MT-ish
• Classic
Listening To...
Evidence of Efforts

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Valid CSS!

[Valid RSS]

Recent Posts
 Saturday, December 05, 2009
Cats and sleep
Taylor sleeping
Taylor sleeping

OK, I agree with Kevin Drum about cats' sleeping habits. I think anyone who has (non-kitten) cats would agree with him.

He says:
What do cats do when they're home alone? The folks at Nestle Purina PetCare's Friskies division installed cat-cams on 50 cats in order to find out, and they've now announced the results:
Based on the photos, about 22 percent of the cats' time was spent looking out of windows, 12 percent was used to interact with other family pets and 8 percent was spent climbing on chairs or kitty condos. Just 6 percent of their hours were spent sleeping.

Uh huh. Look: I work at home. So I know exactly what my critters do between the hours of nine and five: they sleep.


I'm with him. Six percent sleeping?? Maybe kittens...but older cats? At least 60%.

- Posted by Lee at 8:26 PM Permalink #
^Top | Top Ten Home | Blog This! Home | Blog This! Archives